Can I make Variable Rate recommendations with my non AgReliant seed?
- Yes. Variable Rate recommendations will be built with the Productivity Index. However, the advantage of using AgReliant seed would be the specific hybrid population curves that will aid in creating the variable rate recommendation.
How will we validate the Variable Rate Seeding recommendations?
- We will validate these recommendations with our innovator trials. We have been using these trials to validate VR recommendations to evaluate the return on variable rate seeding. You also have test blocks you can use on your own fields to benchmark effectiveness.
Can I make changes to Variable Rate on the computer and/or in the field?
- Yes. You can make these changes on the computer. Under the variable rate tab in the seed plan, you can modify these recommendations. After you create your plan, you can select Modify Rate to change the population with our paint brush tool or change the average population in the field. You can also add/delete test blocks.
How far in advance do I need to request Variable Rate recommendations?
- Far enough in advance to get the recommendations made, exported to your computer, and imported into the tractor monitor. Payment for VR will be made once you decide to export the data.
How do I use the Seed Plan in Advantage Acre?
- Select a field you want to create a seed plan for.
- Select the Seed Plan tab on the right-hand side.
- Fill in all the credentials. Make sure you have the correct year and crop entered in.
- Once information is entered, select SAVE SEED PLAN.
How do I add multiple hybrids in each field?
- When selecting your hybrid in Seed Plan, select + Add New Hybrid.
- Next, select your hybrid based on maturity and trait.
- Once finished, remember to save your seed plan.
- Split Planter and Multi-Hybrid Planting are available.