How to Use the Advantage Acre Scouting App
1. Create field in Advantage Acre on laptop or desktop computer.
2. Go to iPad/iPhone – iPhone only in the app store (check upper left-hand corner in app
store when downloading app onto your iPhone/iPad).
3. Click on App and Sign in using Advantage Acre account credentials.
4. Select Menu (top left).
5. Select Download Field Info (downloading field info is only necessary in poor cellular
reception areas. If cellular service is available, proceed to step 8).
6. Select fields to scout.
7. Download field information that was created on Advantage Acre.
8. Click on the Menu button and select Scouting.
9. Zoom in on desired field and click on it. Or use the List tab located at the bottom of the
10. Select Start Trip.
11. Walk through the field taking pictures and notes when wanting to show growth stages, estimate yields, or take pictures of weeds or pests. Location is geo-referenced, so these trips/locations can be visited again.
12. Select Done when the trip is completed and then select Finish.
13. To email scouting trips, select the Menu button, and then click Reports.
14. Select on the Scouting trip, click Continue.
15. Click Continue after writing additional comments. After typing in an email address, push Enter on the keypad. The email address will appear below and more email address can be added. The scouting trip is viewable in Advantage Acre under the Scouting tab.
16. Once email addresses are selected, click Send report.
17. Be sure to look at the scouting in your Advantage Acre account under the tab Scouting.
18. To view previous scouting trips, select Menu, and Scouting History.
19. Click on the arrow of the scouting trip you would like to view.
20. Select the Log icon to view the notes from the field.
How do I download Advantage Acre on my iPad?
- First, go to the App Store on your iPad.
- Then, type Advantage Acre into the search engine on the top right corner. Change your search to iPhone only in the top left corner. Then select Search.
- Advantage Acre should appear towards the top of your search. Select GET icon to
download the app.
I cannot get my Advantage Acre Scouting App to work.
- First, make sure your Location is set to the On position.
- You can view this under the Settings app and Privacy tab in your device.
- Then scroll down until you find the Advantage Acre app. Select on the app and make sure the Location is set to While Using the App.
How do I enable the Yield Estimate and Stand Count feature?
- Select the Menu button in the upper left-hand corner and select Settings
- Enable Stand Count and Yield Estimate while taking a scouting trip by toggling the
switch on the right-hand side